Planner Check In

Sooooo.....it's been a hot minute since I've posted a blog. I was working too many jobs and just sort of existing rather than living. With that, all my organization, including my homemade planner, fell by the wayside. We are halfway through the year and I've decided that I just need to take charge of who I am again. And with that is a lot of updates. I quit two of my other jobs, keeping my main job working in public lands. I've also had the opportunity to acquire health insurance and really take charge of my health both mentally and physically. So with all these changes I knew that I needed to prioritize reorganizing my work space and getting my planning up and going again. 

Honestly, it has been such a relief to finally be able to get my desk in order, taking stock of all my supplies and making sure nothing goes to waste. I also wrote up a months worth of planner pages for in my notebook and it was.....therapeutic? As I mentioned in a previous post, I decided to use one of my old notebooks to create my own customer planner and after taking several months off, I feel validated in that path. I was able to just pick up where I left off with no wasted pages. I have realized though, that the goals I set for myself need to be a little bit more manageable. I was getting a little too wide with what I could accomplish in a week while still being true to what I WANT to do versus what I know I NEED to do. Not all of the NEEDs need to be completed in one week. That revelation has been a real eye opener. 

With my re-organization and prioritization, I have realized that some of my personal relationships had suffered a little as well. I am grateful in that the friends I have chosen to surround myself with are understanding and recognize that sometimes I am absent. But I have missed them! I am looking forward to more Skype calls, phone calls and general check ins.  

I'm glad to be back!
MC



Comments

  1. I’m glad you were able to quit one of your jobs so you can focus on what you love. Yeah for health insurance, too! And as a side note, I admire your homemade planner pages. I’m a little bit of an eco-freak. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been nice to just adjust my planner as needed. It's been a little extra work, but well worth the effort. And who knew I would be so excited to see the doctor!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2018 #goals

Book Review

Safety First!