Well, Hello There

So today marks the start of this blog. I am hoping that this will provide a motivational outlet for me to stay on track with the 52 Hike Challenge, which I have decided to undertake this year. I have always enjoyed being outside and being active but I also find myself getting overwhelmed with my other hobbies. I could easily spend an entire weekend playing xbox or catching up on all of my "stories", but at the end will feel guilty for not spending enough time with my dog or hitting some trails. Hence, the challenge and needing to be held accountable.

I would consider myself an intermediate hiker. Based on the 51 Hike Challenge website, that would put me at between 10-20 hikes per year. The level of hikes vary from flat, with minimal difficulty to hiking in and out of the Grand Canyon. I usually go on Day hikes but have enjoyed a two to three day hike here and there. 

I have a dog and who will occasionally accompany me on my hikes, however, she isn't the most well behaved, so I usually only take her on the shorter hikes, capping out at about 5-6 miles. She doesn't carry her own water, so any longer would require some creativity on my part. As we go on more and more hikes, I may get her one of those backpacks so she can carry her own weight. I'll keep you posted on that front. 

As I progress through this challenge, I do hope to document each of my hikes. I do plan a few trips to the Grand Canyon this year, so I am likely going to have to start some workouts to help prepare me for that. I plan to try and document that preparation as well. As I stumble through this journey, I hope to document my equipment and my thoughts on what did and did not work for me. 

I am excited to get active again and to be able to document and share my efforts with others. I hope that those who find my blog, enjoy my ramblings as well.

Peace Out! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety First!

2018 #goals

Book Review