Hike 1/52

January 7, 2017

My first hike! The Brownlow trail, nothing too strenuous but a solid four miles. I would rate the hike itself about a 3/10 in difficulty. There were some gentle inclines and declines but nothing major. The pup was happy to be out since we hadn't done a longer hike in quite some time. I don't take any music with me since I just like to listen to everything going on around me to and to make sure that I am interacting with my dog. Being the paranoid individual that I am, I also like to make sure that no one is sneaking up on me and to stay aware of my surroundings. This girl isn't going to end up on one of those true crime shows. I thank my mom for that particular brand of paranoia.

As we were walking, I made some mental notes of things that I didn't bring but that I needed to make sure that I kept in my hiking pack for the future.

  • Hand sanitizer
  • Lip balm
  • Hand lotion
  • A notepad
  • Pen
On this hike, I just took my small hiking pack and packed with water, a few snacks and some doggy bags. I drank about half my water and didn't eat anything since the hike was shorter. It only took us a little over an hour. I felt that this was a good start. I can tell that I am pretty out of shape since, this being the day after, I can actually feel some fatigue in my leg muscles. The post-hike snacks thankfully just consisted of an apple and an orange plus some popcorn. So I didn't undo all of my efforts on that front. 

All-in-all, a good experience. 

Peace out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety First!

2018 #goals

2017 Wrap Up